Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas celebrations

The Farwell's have been very busy the past couple weeks... but have created wonderful memories as we've spent time with both Nolan's family and my family.

Last weekend we went to my parent's home in Eldora.



This was Blake's favorite seat in my parent's house. It was out on their 3 seasons porch and he loved to be out there looking out the windows and trying to find the moon. Often it was just he and I sitting out there and I will always remember the time we spent out there. He would just sit and tell me stories about things that had happened earlier in the day and I would listen... I loved our time on the porch.



Do you think Brenna likes her first Cabbage Patch doll? Her face tells all!

This past weekend we headed to Kansas to spend time with Nolan's family and my dad's side of the family. We ended up having to leave Iowa earlier than planned due to a snow storm heading our way, and leaving Kansas one day late due to Blizard conditions in Iowa.

We so enjoyed our time there with family.



Blake and Brenna enjoyed time with all of their Kansas cousins! Can you believe we got them all in a picture together?



Blake and Nevaeh reading a book together.



And of course... presents, presents, presents!

Two Christmas celebrations down and one to go. We are looking forward to spending Christmas day here at our home, just the 4 of us! I'm sure there will be more pictures to share soon!

6 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Our time in Eldora was definitely fun!! Glad you made it home from KS safely. The picture of all the grandkids is amazing... I can't believe you did it after all the trouble we had with ours!! :)

Ashley Schrage said...

That is just the CUTEST picture with Brenna and her baby doll ! :)

Erika said...

We miss you already!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas----love Brenna and her doll...she is such a cute little girl...wish we were closer...Blake probably liked the proch because it was quiet with all those big girls around hahahahaha! Know we know haw my brother Steve must have felt sandi

Anonymous said...

Your blog came to my computer because I have Bern, Kansas set as one of my Google alerts. I enjoyed reading about your trip to Kansas. I suggest you tell all the Farwell farmers to increase their food production in order to keep all the little ones fed as they age! Merry Christmas, Gary Lortscher

Heather said...

Cabbage Patch photo is my favorite too - I love the perspective that hand across her tummy gives. The hand looks GIANT compared to Brenna - just shows how tiny she is, and how big her smile truly is. What a doll! (pun intended)