Thursday, August 7, 2008

like father, like son














After Nolan and Blake went on a bike ride tonight, Nolan was excited to tell me about a plane he saw flying low while they were out and about. He informed me that it looked like an old WWII bomber plane, and that's exactly what it was! I had seen a story on the plane earlier in the day on the local news. There was a B-17 Flying Fortress plane from WWII at our small local airport for people to come and see or even take a ride in. (for the low price of $425 per person for 45 minutes!!) Needless to say, we got the kids packed up right away and were out the door to take a look at plane.

I have to tell you that Nolan has had an interest in planes since he was a kid, and still dreams of getting a pilots license someday. When he was a kid he played with model planes, drew planes, memorized names of every single plane.... when we were engaged he made me watch a movie he loved when he was little called 'Fast Jets.' =)



















I have a feeling that this interest in planes is already instilled in Blake. He loved being out at the airport and seeing the big bomber take off. Everyone in the crowd heard him yelling, 'BYE BYE' as the plane taxied away. We stuck around to see some smaller planes take off as well. He loved it, and so did his daddy!


















Brenna was just as excited to watch the planes.... ok, not really. She slept the whole time, not even bothered by the sound of the loud propellers starting up nearby.


















Brenna is really starting to smile now, but unfortunately my camera is too slow to capture the moment. This is as close as I got today... just the tail end of a smile.

4 comments:

R and L Farwell said...

LOL, at first when I was reading the post I thought to myself I was going to have to comment on the "Fast Jets" video, and then I read that he made you watch it! We used to watch that video all the time. I don't think I ever got into airplanes as much as Nolan but it would be pretty cool to see that plane in person.

Rod

Erika said...

I LOVE the picture of Blake on Nolan's shoulders...they both look so in awe! And Brenna already looks different than when I saw her.

Becky Bartlett said...

Hey! I think I saw that plane flying around also! I had no idea that's what it was. Fun to get to go watch it!

Kris Hoskinson said...

brenna is growing so much, i can't believe it! she is so cute. :) and i love the blake stories. i bet he is really keeping every day interesting! :)