Monday, October 13, 2008

a lot to talk about

Let's talk about Brenna... she rolled over for the first time today! She was laying on her back in the living room and getting very angry that she dropped the teddy bear she was holding (and trying to eat) to her side. I watched from the kitchen as she worked and worked to get that bear and over she went.
She enjoys tummy time, and Blake is starting to enjoy her tummy time as well. He laughs and laughs when she sticks her head straight up in the air to look at him. She is a strong little girl but I don't think she will be crawling at 5 months like her big brother was!
Brenna is also sleeping through the night! She has been for a few weeks now and we are loving it. She now goes to bed around 8:30 and has been waking up at about 6:00 to eat in the morning- she does go back to sleep though so I can get a few more minutes of shut eye.

This girl loves to giggle, here is a video we took before bed about a week ago. You can catch the same little 'giggle game' played with Blake when he was a babe by clicking here. (thought you might like a little glimpse of the past!)




Now let's talk about Blake... Poor little guy once again came down with croup in the middle of the night Saturday. I was up with him most of the night doing everything I could to help him relax and get good deep breaths. Sunday morning Nolan took him to urgent care while I got a little rest, they came home with a nebulizer and medication. The doctor told Nolan that because Blake has gotten croup multiple times, he thought that insurance would now cover the cost of getting a nebulizer for us to keep here at the house- wonderful news! He is still under the weather today- pretty grumpy and doesn't really know what to do with himself. I'm thinking a trip to get some ice cream may be in order this evening... to relieve his sore throat of course! Oh the things we moms have to go through to help our sick children! =)

I ran my first race since before Blake was born on Saturday! So exciting! I ran in the Iowa's Best Muscle 5K... now, I know I don't have the best muscle, or any muscle for that matter but I did pretty well! I got 2nd in my age group and was the 3rd female finisher overall... not too bad. The race proceeds benefitted the Potter's Hand ministry- a ministry that gives grants to Christian family's to help with the financial burden in the adoption process.

That's about it from the Farwell home for now, more updates to come...

6 comments:

Erika said...

Great updates. Thanks for filling us in. And WOW, look at that awesome header! ;) Ha ha.

Becky Bartlett said...

Nice work at the race!! Hope Blake is back to 100% soon. And I love the giggle videos. You have such great kids. :)

Jan said...

Video sure makes me wish you were in our living room right now!! Sorry Blake is fighting croup again- will say an extra prayer for him tonight. Congrats on your race! Amazing! Love you ALL!
Grandma Glace

Anonymous said...

Wow, lots going on in your household right now. Good job on the race, Katie! Now Blake, you race to a speedy recovery. Cute giggly video. Little Brenna is changing and growing for sure. I played the "Aunt Dana" game with Kenton this weekend and got some good giggles too.

Kris Hoskinson said...

nice job on the race!!! :) that is impressive. you motive me! and cute video of the giggles. love it.

The Jones Family said...

Go Brenna! Praying for a quick recovery for Blake. Katie, you go girl. I don't have that kind of will power. I was always a sprinter.