Monday, November 24, 2008

race weekend

This past weekend my family got together for a fun weekend in Des Moines. My dad, sister Emily and I ran in the Living History Farms race. The race is North America's largest cross country race... meaning 7500 crazy people running 7 miles through 9 creek beds (freezing cold water), up muddy hills, over hay bails and sliding down steep slopes. We had a blast!! Check out some pictures of the race taken by the Des Moines Register here.



This is a picture of us at the hotel before the race... I wish I had an after picture all muddied up!

Saturday evening after the race I was 'trying' to rest on the couch- then the rest turned into hop on mommy. This picture really represents my life in a nutshell and I wouldn't trade it for anything!!!



Blake and Brenna have really started to play together. Blake loves making Brenna smile and giggle. I can't wait until Brenna is more mobile and can really play with her big brother. Here is a picture of Blake reading a farm book to Brenna. He was making pig and cow noises and Brenna thought it was pretty funny.

4 comments:

The Jones Family said...

I would love to see after pics. Blake is such a good big brother. And Brenna is so big! Can't wait to see you all in Dec.

R and L Farwell said...

They look so cute in matching colors! Wow, Christmas is going to be SO much FUN this year! Can't wait!

Erika said...

Love the "summary of your life" photo. Oh, too true. :)

Jan said...

We had a blast too!! What a wonderful family we have! I still smile when I think of all our little swimmers and are not-so-little runners! What a great time it was for everyone! -Grandma Glace