Friday, January 2, 2009

sponge

Blake is a little sponge these days. He can and often will repeat words or phrases that he has heard Nolan or I say. The other day Blake and I spent some time in the kitchen making cookies while Brenna was taking a morning nap.

When I turned the mixer on, Blake would cheer on the mixer and encourage it to keep going 'round and round.' After the flour was added into the mixing bowl, I turned it on causing a little flour to poof out of the bowl and onto the counter. I look over at Blake who is standing on his stool and he is covering his eyes with his hands, shaking his head and saying, 'Oh my goodness.' I just laughed and laughed.

It wasn't long before Brenna was awake, but we weren't done with our cookies yet. Brenna spent some time in her bouncer and Blake was out in the living room playing with her. From the kitchen I heard Blake say in a very calm and caring voice, 'No, no, no. Brenna obey.' Hmm... where had he heard that before?

4 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

'oh my goodness!' You have such a sweet little boy... this post made me laugh. :) we should get together next week?!

Erika said...

What a cutie!! Love you Blake.

Our Life said...

Cute post!!
The bedspread is from Penneys and its on sale right now! :)

Kristin said...

Josh and I love reading your blogs :) I very much enjoyed this one seeing as when we were over there Blake definitely liked to say 'round and round!' Glad you had a wonderful Christmas and New Years!