Thursday, September 18, 2008

new job

Well, I am officially going to be a Panther once again! I recently accepted a position at the University of Northern Iowa. One of my former professors contacted me a couple weeks ago and asked if I would be interested in coming on board with him at UNI. I was honored that kept me in mind several years after graduating and starting in the spring semester I will become Director of UNI's Kindergym program.

I will be instructing a class of college students, who will in turn will teach and instruct children, ages 2-5, once a week on various physical skills. I am thrilled to be back at UNI and excited to work with college students and children in a profession that I love!

Another great thing about my new position: I still get to be a stay at home mom, the greatest job of all! My position at UNI will take very limited time away from my family- who could ask for more?!

With that, I leave you all today by saying.... GO PANTHERS!

10 comments:

R and L Farwell said...

Sounds great! Is there a daycare on campus for when you are teaching?

The Jones Family said...

Congrats on the job! What a PERFECT job for you. You will be awesome.

Sorry Blake was sick. Those viral illnesses just have to run their course. Usually not too long. He looks like the same ole Blake now!

I can't believe how much lighter Brenna's hair is than Blakes. What other differences do they have. Notice any personality differences yet?

Becky Bartlett said...

WOW! That will be so great! I'm excited for you!!

Jan said...

This will be such a fun outlet for your talents and interests ! A perfect fit for your family too! What a nice compliment that your professor has kept in touch and sought you out for this job. Blessings in this new venture! ILU mom

Unknown said...

this sounds like a great opportunity Katie! Congrats on the new job and getting the best of both worlds :)

janban said...

"Hail our Panthers! We are ever loyal showing strength and unity".....Should I go on with the Panther fight song??
Way to go Mrs. Farwell! Good for you!

Erika said...

What hours will you teach? That is definitely a compliment that he kept you in mind! You'll be great, Katie.

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Congratulations, Katie! I think you will really enjoy having a little something on the side in your passion area just to keep your brain from going to "mommy mush". I know I sure do!

Samantha said...

congratulations katie!! :) that is so exciting. I wish you the best as you start the job!! you will be great at it.

STEPHANIE. said...

Congrats! What a perfect job for you, you will do great!