Sunday, September 7, 2008

weekend update... with mommy farwell

Our weekend started with a trip to Eldora Friday morning. The kids and I went to spend the day with Grandma Glace (my mom). Blake had a blast exploring in the woods, playing in the rocks and building a tent with Grandma out of the ping pong table and blankets. I even got to sneak off for a run around Pine Lake. It was wonderful!! I used to run around Pine Lake ALL the time throughout my middle school and high school years- it is a very comforting place for me. Friday night after my dad got home from work, we all headed out to a camp ground near the lake where my parent's chuch was having their All Church Retreat. I got to see many friends and many people were excited to meet Brenna for the first time. It was about 7:00 when I decided it was time to drive home to see my husband who had been golfing for the afternoon... but it was only Brenna and I who got in the car to come home. Blake got to stay the weekend with Grandma and Grandpa! FUN!

Our house is for sale right now and we decided to have an open house today. Much of the weekend was spent preparing for that but we also filled our weekend with spending quality one on one time with Brenna, watching a movie (very rare for us!), and canning some tomatoes from our garden. We made several jars of stewed tomatoes and homemade salsa!


We sure did miss Blake though... we missed how much he makes us laugh every single day! It was fun to see his face when he got home tonight- as I got a hug and kiss from him I could tell that he really did miss us even though he had a blast with Grandma and Grandpa. I felt so loved! After a riveting game of Ring Around the Rosie, we topped off the night with some homemade peach frozen yogurt- yum! A fun weekend in the books... hope yours was just as enjoyable!


Blake loves ravioli... can you tell?!

2 comments:

Jan said...

We loved having Blake here this weekend! He is such a joy! We miss him already! Glad you had a wonderful weekend too! -Mom/Grandma

Becky Bartlett said...

glad you had a good weekend! I'm impressed that you canned tomatoes from your garden. You and Em are WAY more domestic than I!! :) I'll have to take lessons.